Menu

Failed trying to convert A4 portrait file to A3 and print it as 2 A4 landscape with ARdc

Help
Trebly
2021-12-23
2021-12-24
  • Trebly

Trebly - 2021-12-23

Hello,

I fail in trying to convert an A4 portrait document (joined 1) to an A3 made of two landscape A4 pages printable document.
    With the conversion of the size (141%) and translations displayed on an A3 portrait made of two pages, I get the file joined 2.
    The file is displayed by ARdc as two A3 portrait pages. The first is the waited. The print function (see joined) shows two pages A4 landscape for a document size A3 portrait.
    Everything seems OK except, 2 pages displayed for the viewer and a confusion into document information page between document size and page size.

When you try to print you get the first page (upper half of the A3 portrait on the first printed A4 landscape which seems all right) but the second page is blank.
    The preview called in windows explorer does the same

The global behavior is corresponding to a document containing 2 A3 portrait pdf while the pdfBooklet seems to show an A3 portrait split into two A4 landscape pages (numbered "0" and "1" on the pdfBooklet preview.

I don't know where the error or my misunderstanding is.
    I can apologize in the fact that, for now, I have not checked all the interactions of the "general" page display options, and I used the preview to set the options.

Where is the solution?

Best regards
    Trebly

Note 1 : I planned to send screen copies by I don't remember how to add here several files. So there is only the original file.
    The problem seems that you can joined several files if this is done by one unique operation from a directory but not add files.

Note 2 : I had near 30 years ago developed a tool to resize, rotate etc. and finally split documents into separate pages to fit the support size. For this I was windowing several times the full scaled document to the size of the support and after I was merging the blocks separated by a "new page" command.
    The context was to be able to print exceptionally large HPGL documents and print them on several peripherals using hpgl2, postscript, pcl and graphic screen display but which output size was obviously too small. The printed documents were manually assembled on walls using little lines named in Franch "hirondelles" added to the document(s)

• Trebly

Trebly - 2021-12-24

Hi,

I try to summarize a part of the problem:
    Which are the suitable parameters to use with pdfBooklet to generate:
    - a pdf document containing two pages split from a A3 portrait (scaled 141% from an A4) into two pages A4 landscape (I have not found).

Note that currently ARdc is unable to print a A3 portrait document on 2 separate A4 landscape.
    His functions lead to display the document on four A4 pages portrait or landscape (594x420 or 420x594) with large margins, but not (420 x 297) because 2 A4 are A3... This leads to not use this ARdc functionality.

Best regards

Trebly