A new version, 0.5, of the Java port of PasswordSafe is now available for download (https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=41019&package_id=164907&release_id=375035) for Linux, Mac and Win32 platforms.
This is mostly a bug-fix release (but some of the bugs were pretty nasty):
- Fixes for compatibility with new 2.14 files
- Completely rewritten XML import/export handling fixing numerous bugs
- Completely rewritten plaintext import/export handling
- New Unix script launching (much more reliable and now double-clickable) - Many thanks to Axel Schwarzer for this
- Edit dialog now resizable and correctly handles long notes fields (and has better layout management on Mac & Linux)
- Fix to "Show Password" button to toggle show/hide label
- Fix to password generation bugs when no password options were set
- Website launching fixed on Mac (and now broken on Linux... leave it with me)
- New tree items default group to enclosing leaf
- And stacks more user-suggested fixes
Many thanks to those who have been faithfully reporting bugs and issues.
Hopefully this release will sort out a few of the more frustrating ones.
On the CVS tree, the code is under pwsafe/Java/PasswordSafeSWT. Thanks to Glen (https://sourceforge.net/users/glen_a_smith/) for his work on this.