From: Glen Smith <glen@by...> - 2005-06-12 08:36:56
Ok. That one week became four, but I've got an initial version of the
PasswordSafe Java port ready to go for Mac, Linux, and even Windows if
you want an inferior experience to the original ;-)
I've just got the binaries up on my server for now at:
Should have the source up there in a day or two when I sort out the ant
script to do the work for me. I've there's interest in making a Java
port part of the sf.net, then I'd love to migrate it to pwsafe
sourceforge cvs so I can get more broad feedback. Not sure who to talk
to about this one.
Till then, welcome any feedback. Check back for the source is a day or so.
This is a v0.1 release, so there is much to do in every way ;-)
* Options are persisted to file, but aren't yet wired to any GUI
* The MRU only refreshes on each restart
* There should be an option to reload the last file you were editing on
* The right click menus aren't context sensitive
* The lauching of URLs in comments fields (Ctrl-T) is not yet implemented
* Javadoc is pretty woeful
* None of the help is implemented (how to do this in crossplatform
* Status bar is there, but not used for anything
* Incorporate version info into about box or somewhere
* Icons in toolbar are grungy and need more photoshop-ing
* Logging is should be configured at INFO so all the DEBUG stuff doesn't
* Starting planning for I18N
Platform Specific Stuff
* Should distribute as a .dmg file
* Launching website doesn't work. Need to update browser code.
* Integrate preferences in the Appname menu rather than on "Manage" menu
* MRUs go in a particular Recent menu
* Lots of dialogs aren't wide enough to display correctly
* Need ant task to build dmg file (currently by hand)
* Launcher script is pretty dodgy. Need help from a shell dude.
* Do we need builds for Motif environments?
* Do we need a Solaris bundle?
* Should move off Glen's copy of exe4j into OSS alternative (JSmooth
looks good but lacks Ant task)
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.