How to save window position and size

Help
go_skating
2006-01-26
2012-09-17
  • go_skating

go_skating - 2006-01-26

Hi there,
    is there a way to save the window position and size so pwsafe shows up next time it will be really new started at the same position with the old size?

I would need it on the lower right corner of my screen but it openes always on the top right of my screen.

Thank's a lot for your Help

• Rony Shapiro

Rony Shapiro - 2006-01-26

That's odd - the last location and size should be saved in the registry when PasswordSafe exits.

How are you quitting the program? Can you try exiting via File->Exit and seeing if the location is saved?

Another possibility is that you're using a really old version of PasswordSafe?

• go_skating

go_skating - 2006-01-27

it's 2.15 ... and sorry, I didn't find a pwsafe reg key saying somthing about pos or size.

Do you know in what key it is stored?

The problem might be that I'm using it from one server location with differnt PC's

Any sugesstions?

• Rony Shapiro

Rony Shapiro - 2006-01-27

Hi,

Under the "Password Safe" subtree, the position is stored in the top, left, right and bottom values.

If your using this on machines with different screen resolutions, then PasswordSafe might get confused.

Rony

• go_skating

go_skating - 2006-01-30

My personal favorite would be to have another "Option" in the "Manage" menue:
      "save position and size"
      Oh, that woud be great!

... I found a workaroud:
      I deleted the complete tree under "Counterpane Systems" and reinstalled 2.16. After setting all options again, the correct posisiton was stored.

That makes people happy ;-)
      Thanks a lot for a great admin-program
      go_skating

• go_skating

go_skating - 2006-01-30

That's it! I'm running it from a USB-Stick without any reg-entries. Is there a way for a .ini -file like pos and size file, which could be stored in the same dir as pwsafe? (for USB users like me ;-)
      Thank you very much

go_skating

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks