Menu

root of tree in PasswordSafe

Help
2016-01-27
2016-06-03
  • John Dillon

John Dillon - 2016-01-27

There is no root in the PasswordSafe tree. this matters because one of my groups got dragged into another group
    and I cannot get it to be a main directory again. just thought If I make a new directory and copy all the entries across and delete the old directory THIS worked

Last edit: John Dillon 2016-01-27
  • fernando

fernando - 2016-01-27

you should be able to drag the nested group back to root.
    need to drag to a blank area; below all groups.
    may need to maximize or enlarge application window.

• Mike

Mike - 2016-06-03

The solution proposed by Fernando works, however dragging beyond the bottom of the list expands the last group, and keeps the hilight there, so visually it does not give the feedback needed to spontaneously fix what is usually the result of an unintentional drag-and-drop instead of open. I would propose to correct this, and also expand the areas that can be used to "drag-and-drop to the root" (making it possible maybe also to the left, top, and right of groups).

Further, I would propose to not make the Group item the preselected initial default in the Edit Entry dialog, because it is too easy to change the group by mistake by just touching the mouse wheel, or moving the mouse out of the dialog and over the browser, and turn the wheel while the focus is still on the dialog.