list of passwords for mac?

Joe Cain
2006-07-17
2012-09-17
  • Joe Cain

Joe Cain - 2006-07-17

I have a mac G4 used for travel. Is there a way to list all the passwords in text form so I may be able to access the data from this other platform? I assume that password safe is only for PCs, right?

• Rony Shapiro

Rony Shapiro - 2006-07-17

Hi,

• File->Export To->Plain Text will do what you want.

• You might want to look at Password Gorilla (http://www.fpx.de/fp/Software/Gorilla/) "Tcl/TK PasswordSafe clone that runs on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and most flavors of Unix, including Linux and Solaris (note that it requires Tcl/TK to run)".

Cheers,

Rony

• ralzod

ralzod - 2006-09-30

Rony,

I was just wondering why you aren't plugging the SWT version of Password Safe instead of Gorilla? In fact, I've often wondered why SWT is so minimally mentioned or documented on the SF project and summary pages. I realize it is still pre-1.0, but a recent post from Glen suggested there'd be a new release soon.

I use Windows, Linux and Mac quite regularly, so a cross-platform solution would be ideal. I've tried Gorilla, but it lacks functionality and decryption is very slow. SWT doesn't have everything yet either, particularly auto-type or v3 file system support, but it still seems to be ahead of Gorilla.

Thanks to you and the team for all of the work. This application has been one of the most worthwhile additions to the toolkit in years.

Chris

• Rony Shapiro

Rony Shapiro - 2006-10-01

Good point.

Glen is indeed actively working on making SWT compatible with 3.x. Once he's ready, I'll certainly give SWT more notice.

Cheers,

Rony