Menu

Yubikey and Android Smartphones

Mel
2012-10-31
2014-09-30
  • Mel

Mel - 2012-10-31

I currently use Password Safe from my thumb drive. I am considering getting the Yubikeys for more security. If have to have the Yubikeys to access my password protected accounts online via computer, what if I want to access my password protected accounts from an Adroid Smart phone? Will I still be able to access from there without a Yubikey? Thanks.

• SourceBoot

SourceBoot - 2013-05-09

I just got a Yubikey NEO and being able to use it with Password Safe on Android would be great. I don't have the skills to make it happen, but hopefully someone's going to do it soon enough!

• Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris - 2013-05-10

I do have a feature request to support Yubikey on Android. I do not have a key myself, so I may need help with supporting it. I take it the source code for supporting it is freely available in the code repository? Google Drive and Dropbox support is consuming the time I do get to spend on the app, however.

Jeff

• Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris - 2014-09-29

YubiKey NEO support is now available for Android devices with NFC in the latest version of PasswdSafe. Thanks to a Yubico sample app, I was able to decipher the NFC protocol for performing the challenge-response hashing of the user password.

Jeff

• ianl

ianl - 2014-09-29

This is very timely for me. I have been using PasswdSafe for years (thanks very much). I use Dropbox to store my database. I access the Dropbox database from a Linux PC (USB only), Android tablet (NFC enabled) and Android phone. I would like to add an extra layer of security and have looked at YubiKey as an option. I'm not clear which Yubico product is going to allow the best access as the solutions appear to be platform/form factor dependent.

I would appreciate any advice.

Ian

• Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris - 2014-09-30

The Android app needs a YubiKey NEO as that has NFC support (also the phone/tablet must support NFC).

Jeff

• Rony Shapiro

Rony Shapiro - 2014-09-29

That's excellent. Can you confirm that this is compatible with the PC
      (Windows/Linux) implementation of Yubikey support?

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 4:51 AM, Jeff Harris jeffharris@users.sf.net
      wrote:

YubiKey NEO support is now available for Android devices with NFC in the
      latest version of PasswdSafe. Thanks to a Yubico sample app, I was able to
      decipher the NFC protocol for performing the challenge-response hashing of
      the user password.

Jeff

Yubikey and Android Smartphones
      https://sourceforge.net/p/passwordsafe/discussion/134800/thread/7baeeb92/?limit=25#3f4d

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
      https://sourceforge.net/p/passwordsafe/discussion/134800/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
      https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

--
      Ubi dubium, ibi libertas (where there is doubt, there is freedom)

• Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris - 2014-09-30

I used the PC program as my test base both on Windows and Linux. The app supports empty, ASCII, and I believe non-ASCII characters in the passwords. For now, I'm supporting only opening files not changing passwords in case there are any bugs.

Jeff