Menu

Import/Export feature

2002-04-03
2012-09-17
  • Jithendra Bethur

I wish there was an Import/Export feature (primarily in CSV format).
    (Optionally the imported/exported file could be in encrypted/secure form if desired)

Applications/Uses of this features:
    Interoperability with other similar software (on various other platforms where a port is not available, like Palm).
    Migration from/to other similar software (for PCs)

-Jithendra.

• James Curran

James Curran - 2002-05-24

I'd like to suggest adding Import/Export in encrypted form, particular of subsets of a database, using a different password.

Here's the scenario I envision:
      A company agrees to use PasswordSafe as the company standard.  All employee use it for all their passwords (personal & work).  He decides one day to change all the password for the common systems.  He enters them into his personal PasswordSafe file.  He then selects just those entries, clicks File/Export, and enters a new password.    He can then email that new file to all the affected employees.   The start their own personal copies of PasswordSafe (with their own password), then click File/Import, entry the previously agreed upon distribution password to merge the file, and the deletes the email--- New passwords widely distributed in a secure manner.