SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

v.3.01 win98se BUG

nuvotronic
2006-07-12
2012-09-17
  • nuvotronic

nuvotronic - 2006-07-12

I wonder, nobody mentioned this bug yet, since this occures on ALL my win98se-machines ( de - german ).

A password.psafe3 -file transferred from a XP-machine to a win98se -machine or created on a win98se -machine shows NO data when (re-)opening.

Same with a *.psafe3 -file transferred from win98se to a winXP-machine.

The window shows a tree, but instead of names it shows just empty square brakets.

Editing an entry shows empty fields

I would definitely like to use the password-data on ALL my machines, otherwise the software is worthless for me. ( I still use a lot of win98se with and without the INofficial ServicePack 2.1b ).

Any suggestions ? Thanks !

• Luca Boni

Luca Boni - 2006-07-20

Hi, I have the same problem on my Windows ME!
      I can't use the new password file format because when I reopen the database early saved it contains only empty square brakets.
      For now I can only use the old 2.x format doing an export instead of save.

LB

• bill

bill - 2006-07-12

I don't know if that is a different format as I've never exported to psafe3. But I do move the files from machine to machine. I simply copy the *.dat file to the new machine. Actually I zip it and mail it to work for example as our filewall would block it but you get the idea. No idea if there is a win98 issue. Never used the win9x stuff myself.

bp