Promoting Password Safe

SteveMcP
2013-07-14
2013-09-11
  • SteveMcP

SteveMcP - 2013-07-14

Hi,

I work for a company that has Password Safe as part of the standard laptop build. I work in the IT Training & Support team actively promote and demonstrate the application. I recently wrote a blog about it on the companies internal social networking site which then inspired me to make a promotional video. So, I thought I would share.

Have a look at the video on youtube

http://youtu.be/OhxfMF55fyk

and the blog is below:

I told a colleague that I was delivering a demonstration on Password Safe and his expectations were for me to show how to put all my passwords in an excel spreadsheet and password protect the file.

I said he's the one that should have been locked in a safe!

I am surprised that the majority of people have no idea they have access to this magical piece of software on their very own BP laptop ( and do try this at home because its free to download ).

I'm sure if J R Tolkien was to write a new book it would be about this application.

"Lord Of The Passwords - one password to remember them all" or something like that....

Some highly enlightened hobbits are of course using it but when I show them the extra functionality such as generate, browse to website and auto type they run back to their little huts in the Shire to test it out ( not really, that would incur a BOSS card )

So, I recommend you to take this "unexpected journey" and have a look at the Password Safe* quick setup guide that I have produced and don't forget to look at the bonus features ( available in the help menu ). Don't worry there will be no wizards telling you that you shall not pass.....word....

Please feel free to ask me any questions.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/32826372.jpg

*Lord Of The Rings knowledge is not required to use Password Safe

Last edit: SteveMcP 2013-07-14
  • celia poehls

celia poehls - 2013-09-11

Steve,

I would love to get connected with you to learn more about this great tool. I use it extensively and would really like to know more uses as security increases. I cannot access the video and the "blog" link takes me just to a jpg photo.

thanks.

celia

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks