SAVE - feature req or bug fix

timbuk2
2006-03-21
2012-09-17
  • timbuk2

timbuk2 - 2006-03-21

I'm asking here - I may not have thought of everything.

Why does this program need a SAVE DATABASE option. In fact, PWordSafe REQUIRES you to save the database or you will loose any updates you make if you exit and NOT click "SAVE".

IMO, this (and most other programs for that matter) do not need to be "told" to save your work. It should be done after EVERY entry or change made to the database. Automatically. No questions asked.

I've lost a lot of time and effort making changes in PWordSafe only to loose them by not hitting the "save". I don't know if it's me, or what exactly is happening, but entire databases were not even created because of some scenerio that exited the program before I hit "save".

I think it's save to assume that if I create a database, add entries, edit, etc. that I wish my work to be saved.

Again, perhaps I have not thought this completely through, but I can say that the folks I have recommended this program to have had the same complaint about lost data.

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on the subject.

-tb2

• timbuk2

timbuk2 - 2006-03-22

Ulrich - Thank you!

Exactly what I was looking for - and thought I had looked. Apparently not very well.

Perhaps this thread will help others who are similarly handicapped.

• Ulrich Boche

Ulrich Boche - 2006-03-21

There is an option under "Misc": "Save database immediately after Edit or Add". You might want to enable it.

Ulrich

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks