Menu

Proton Drive Support

John Smith
2023-12-14
2023-12-18
  • John Smith

John Smith - 2023-12-14

First of all, thanks so much for your work on these apps, I have been using them for years.

I was wondering if you had any plans to add support for Proton drive to sync password safe files?
    https://proton.me/drive

Previously I used Dropbox, but I have some concerns over their AI/data sharing policy so I have been exploring alternatives. Thank you for your time.

• Rony Shapiro

Rony Shapiro - 2023-12-18

Why does Proton drive require special support? If Windows' file manager 'sees' it as a drive/folder, PasswordSafe can use it.

• John Smith

John Smith - 2023-12-18

Oh, I should have clarified: I meant Proton support for PasswdSync, the Android app.

• Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris - 2023-12-18

Android app developer here... I checked, and it doesn't appear Proton drive has an available SDK that could be used to integrate into PasswdSafe Sync. If you have the Proton Drive app installed, it appears that PasswdSafe can open the files read-only. From the PasswdSafe Files screen, open the file chooser, use the top-left menu to select your Proton account, and choose your psafe3 file. Attempts to save the file, however, are giving me errors as likely the app doesn't fully support writes.

👍
  • John Smith

John Smith - 2023-12-18

Thanks for looking into it. I think it's still pretty new, perhaps they will be adding new features that might better support this in the future.