I am building Password Safe from git HEAD on Fedora 19 on amd64.
My $LANG is de_DE.UTF-8. I use the rpm target of the makefile to build pwsafe.
The resulting binary has problems with international characters (German umlauts in my case). When I open a password database from a path that contains umlauts I get the error message "File or Path not found".
When I open the file from a working location, entries that contain umlauts are garbled and contain two odd characters instead of the umlaut. "ü" is displayed as "Ã¼" for example. This seems as if UTF-8 is decoded as Windows-1252.
Log in to post a comment.