Menu

psafe3 file location on Android

5 days ago
1 day ago
  • Stephen Morley

Stephen Morley - 5 days ago

I am using PasswdSafe on Android. When opening my psafe3 database from the Recent Files list, I cannot see a way to tell what the file location is. Am I missing something?

I keep a backup on my SD card and it has caused me to wonder a couple of times. The only real way I can be confident is to clear Recent Files and use the file picker from scratch. It would be nice to be able to see the location somehow on the file I am about to open.

Thanks for the fantastic app.
    Cheers Stephen

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 5 days ago

I agree with this. having just copied my local file to OneDrive and now having 2 recent files with the same name (one local files/psafe, and one on OneDrive) I cannot tell what the locationon either file is. Also with PasswordSafe sync. not clear to me which file I should always use locally to make sure there is a sync version on onedrive

• Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris - 1 day ago

Unfortunately, the file access provided by Android doesn't give a lot of information about where files are located. You really only get the file name. Any path information is hidden and not guaranteed to match what you see in the storage apps (the app may provide a database ID or such to identify the file).

The only real method would be to rename the file to have a unique name.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel