Menu

YubiKey USB support in PasswdSafe on Android?

2022-11-06
2023-03-16
  • Martin Hudec

Martin Hudec - 2022-11-06

Hello, how does it look like with YubiKey USB support in PasswdSafe on Android mobile phones, please? Any plans for it, any idea about the effort needed?

I have one YubiKey 5C and I would love to use my Password Safe database also on my mobile... but for the moment it means I might need to get NFC version of my YubiKey...

Thank you,
    Martin

• Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris - 2022-11-06

It's at the top of my TODO list for new features. Just need to find the time to work on it.

• Martin Hudec

Martin Hudec - 2023-03-10

Hi Jeff, have you been successful in finding the time for this nice feature, please? If not, no worries, I am just checking out... :)

• Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris - 2023-03-16

Slowly, yes. I'm having to rewrite the open screen to deal with some issues using the library provided by Yubico.

• John Doe

John Doe - 2022-12-31

Im am using the NFC-version of the Yubikey 5 and it works fine - thanks for that.
    The only issue I have is that the NFC-Option of the phone must be activated before opening the app. As I have it deactivated normaly to prevent unauthorized use of this interface I often have to close and reopen the app - would be nice refine the behaviour of the app somewhat.

• Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris - 2023-01-01

There doesn't seem to be a method to programmatically enable NFC on demand (likely to prevent any bad behavior). There may be a method to at least have a menu item to open the NFC settings. Disabling, though, would still require navigating to the system settings. Or, the menu would have to be on the main screen to facilitate.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel