SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

Autotype/SoftKeyboard support on Android

Anonymous
2013-05-07
2013-05-10
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-05-07

Hello,

I like this app a lot, however, recent security concerns made me think of a feature that also would improve usability. The security concerns are basically that every app gets notifications about the clipboard, which makes it easy to sniff passwords without the user ever knowing.

Could PasswdSafe not integrate a soft keyboard that you can chose as input method? After entering the master password (via normal keyboard and which might be cached for some minutes) you select the matching entry from the database, which will be auto-typed into the login/password fields. When closed, the standard keyboard would be set as input method again.

There is an app (Tiny Password) which does exactly that, however, it is no longer supported. Also, it does not have a master password but only a pattern, which I would not call very secure. And it is proprietary to PasswdSafe which I would rather keep using. I also would pay for such a feature ;)

There is also a demo video on YouTube for Tiny Password.

• Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris - 2013-05-09

I've thought about the specialized keyboard as well. The usability depends on how easy it is to switch the keyboard. Add a feature request and I'll have another look at it once I get past supporting Google Drive and Dropbox.

Jeff

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-05-09

Great you gave that a thought! Just entered the feature request.

On my Galaxy S2, when you long-tab any input field, the menu popping up gives you the choice to select an alternate keyboard right away. Nothing simpler ;)

Anonymous
Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments