Excluded types being included

2009-04-08
2013-04-29
  • Derek Greer

Derek Greer - 2009-04-08

After running PartCover with nunit-console, I'm seeing coverage on types that I've explicitly excluded.  My command line looks something like:

Tools/PartCover/PartCover.exe --target-work-dir . --target Tools/NUnit/nunit-console.exe --target-args Source/Commons/UnitTests/Acme.Commons.Logging.Log4Net.Tests/bin/Debug/Acme.Commons.Logging.Log4Net.Tests.dll --include [*]* --exclude [ISymWrapper*]* --exclude [nunit*]* --exclude [Moq]* --exclude [*Tests]* --exclude [log4net*]* --exclude [SpecUnit*]* --exclude [Acme.Commons.Logging.Log4Net.Tests]* --log 0
    --output coverage.xml

And viewing my coverage.xml via PartCover.Console.exe shows the following assembliies:

ISymWrapper (3%)
    log4net(19%)
    Acme.Commons.Logging(27%)
    Acme.Commons.Logging.Log4Net(59%)
    Acme.Commons.Logging.Log4Net.Tests (100%)

I'm not sure where the ISymWrapper is coming from, but I've tried excluding it as well as my unit test assembly, both through [*Tests]* and by specifying the name explicitly.  Am I doing something incorrectly?

• Dan Ports

Dan Ports - 2009-04-08

Yeah, it looks like you are missing the equal signs between the argument names and values. Here's an example showing the correct syntax:

tools\PartCover\PartCover.exe --target=..\tools\NUnit\nunit-console.exe --include=[*]* --target-args=..\Project.nunit --output=partcover.xml --exclude=[*Tests*]*

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks