Menu

Par2 DLL

2004-01-25
2013-05-23
  • Nobody/Anonymous

It would be great to create a win32 DLL which supports PAR and PAR2 verification, and which could be used in other languages like Visual Basic or any other...
    The problem is that I don't know enough about VC++ to convert the existing command line tool to a DLL...
    If someone wants to help me : philippe.maire@evc.net

• Peter C

Peter C - 2004-01-27

Please note that the existing command line version is available under the GPL version 2 licence.

This means that if you use any code from it to create a DLL, then not only must you release the source code for the resulting DLL under GPL: it also implies that anyone who uses the DLL in such a way that the DLL forms an integral part of the application must also release their application under the GPL.

There will be a DLL version of QuickPar released in the not too distant future. I am currently designing the API for using it.

• William

William - 2006-07-08

Actually, it means that if he distributes the program at all, and the program uses the DLL at all, integral or not, then he has to provide the source to the DLL -and- his program under the GPL.

I am not complaining about the GPL, I just think the terms should be very very clear.

Great work on par and par2, by the way.  I'm very much looking forward to a stable library (for linux) that I can use for some small projects.

• William

William - 2006-07-08

lol Just realized how old this was.  I didn't think I've gone very far back.  Oh well ;)

• Nobody/Anonymous

Maybe.... one day.... there will be a Par2 DLL, and world peace.
      It's so very annoying when the PORTING file *claims* that Par2CmdLine has been compiled in Visual Studio .Net, but alas, there is no project file that would allow VB programmers like me to actually compile it. I notice in the ExQueues source there's a VS project for Par2.exe, but can't get that to compile....