Menu

Batch Support for Par/Par2

2004-06-04
2004-09-07
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Desperately need a tool to support Batch Par/Par2 for checking and rebuilding filesets.  Something similar to SFVManager but for Par/Par2 files.  Any utility out now or in the works?

As it is now, I can only process one par/par2 at a time.  I would like an application that would allow me to cue up a list to process.

• Nobody/Anonymous

if you want a parity tool which supports batch file processing via command line try pkt (pkt.sf.net) ...note that its NOT PAR compatible. it uses newer LDPC codes instead of RS. nor is it optimized. it will do multiple parity files recursively though.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I have suggested an almost trivial way to implement full batching in a recent message. Hopefully my easy solution will bring it out sooner.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks for the info on 'pkt'.  Unfortunatelly it has to be PAR/PAR2 compatible.

Also, on the message before this one, can you give the link or title you posted for that full batching implementation.  I'm very interested in it.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Quickpar multiple auto rebuild feature req

It's still on the main page. Why make major changes to implement a batching system in one Quickpar when we can already load as many copies as we want, setting each one up to perform a rebuild, and tell them all to go in sequence? Each rebuild that completes will tell the next rebuild to start until all Quickpars claiming to have a rebuild ready are used up.

It may be less intuitive than integrated batching but my solution can be done quickly because so little new code is needed.

• Nobody/Anonymous

well, try that with a changing dir structure, containing thousands of directories..

• Joost Kuin

Joost Kuin - 2004-09-07