#31 Build fails from svn rev 462 (translation file issue)

Development_Version
closed-fixed
nobody
None
5
2015-02-07
2013-08-12
No

Attempting to build parcellite svn rev 462 and build fails with:

...file=echo fr | sed 's,.*/,,'.gmo \ && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt -o $file fr.po
fr.po: warning: Charset missing in header.
Message conversion to user's charset will not work.
fr.po:20: duplicate message definition...
fr.po:9: ...this is the location of the first definition
/usr/bin/msgfmt: found 1 fatal error...

Svn rev 461 builds fine.

Regards.

Discussion

  • rickyrockrat

    rickyrockrat - 2013-08-12

    Ticket moved from /p/parcellite/bugs/101/

     
  • rickyrockrat

    rickyrockrat - 2013-08-12

    Can you please give me the exact steps? I did this:
    ./autogen.sh
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
    make
    sudo make install

    No errors, and I see this:
    installing fr.gmo as /usr/local/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/parcellite.mo

    Which tells me it build the french translation OK.

    I also tried make distclean followed by autogen.sh, etc. same result.

     
  • Anonymous - 2013-08-13

    Whoops I posted this in the wrong section, so didn't see your reply! Anyway I just did same as you (without getting to the 'make install' part because of compile/build stopping).

     
  • Anonymous - 2013-08-13

    Ok...As an experiment I've just saved fr.po using 'poedit' application (literally opened then re-saved it in place) and parcellite builds fine (svn rev 463).

     
  • Anonymous - 2013-08-13

    An observation...when i grab svn-rev-461 and open fr.po in poedit and then re-save, it does so silently. When I try the same with fr.po from svn-rev-462, then poedit throws up a dialog box stating:

    'The catalog couldn't be saved in 'iso-8859-1' charset as specified in catalog settings. It was saved in UTF-8 instead and the setting was modified accordingly.'

    Regards.

     
  • rickyrockrat

    rickyrockrat - 2013-08-13

    Katiem,
    Where is the iso-8859-1 coming from? The fr.po specifies UTF-8. Is the build failing because it is somehow using a different encoding specified in the 'catalog', wherever that is instead of the fr.po file?

     
  • sphax3d

    sphax3d - 2013-08-13

    I removed the double msgid "" definition that came from parcellite.pot :) Now poedit doesn’t throw this message. I think it solves your problem.

     
  • rickyrockrat

    rickyrockrat - 2013-08-13

    Arggg! I don't like it when programs spit out useless error messages. katiem, does the attached file fix your build issue? If so, I'll fix extract-strings, parcellite.pot, and the fr.po.

     
  • Anonymous - 2013-08-14

    Hi, the attached file does indeed solve the issue.

     
  • Anonymous - 2013-08-14

    Svn revision 464 works. Theres a couple of spelling errors in the changelog > duplicte & docudmentation.

    Best regards...

     
  • Anonymous - 2013-08-14

    A couple more spelling mistakes...

    parcellite.1 line 15 > prefrences.

    fr.po line 245 > Maximun & cliboard.

     
  • rickyrockrat

    rickyrockrat - 2014-07-18
    • status: open --> closed-fixed
     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks