I just got Parcellite installed, and pardon me if I've missed something, but I think that it could really benefit from the ability to paste items out of history using keyboard shortcuts.
* History items would be numbered
* Starting from either 0 or 1 for the currently active item on back through history
* Some sort of shortcut (possibly Ctrl-Alt-V) could be used to allow pasting based on number
* History pasting could be limited to 0-9 for rapid entry
* Alternately, you could have unlimited history pasting if you required a carriage return following the number
* This behavior should probably be configurable
This would solve the problem of having multiple copy/paste buffers accessible via keyboard shortcuts only that's bothered me for years, and would likely make Parcellite appeal to a much broader user base.
If you're willing to show me around the code a bit and provide some introductory tips on GTK programming (my Linux C experience is limited to command-line apps), I could potentially code this myself if you don't have the time.
Log in to post a comment.