Menu

File uploads

2009-09-20
2013-05-16
  • Corey Reichle

Corey Reichle - 2009-09-20

I committed the file uploads modules to SVN.  The upload.php module needs a bit of work in the security area.  Right now it just checks for a case id and an owner id, not for login.

• Brian Chabot

Brian Chabot - 2009-11-14

Awesome!  I made a slight change to it on my installation that fixed a couple problems:
    1. Cread the uploads directory in the paradb directory.  Sounds like a no-brainer, but the instruction wasn't there, so I thought I'd add it.
    2. Change `copy($HTTP_POST_FILES,"uploads/".$case."-".$owner."-".$newname);` to `copy($HTTP_POST_FILES,"uploads/".$case."-".$owner."-".$HTTP_POST_FILES);`

I know you had the escape sequence to add some security, but the filenames all got truncated as $newname came out null.

Now the only other major wishes I have for ParaDB are a "Lead (No Investigation)" case type and configurable stylesheets/logo.  Looking goo so far.

• Corey Reichle

Corey Reichle - 2009-11-14

Hm…  Trying to figure out right now why $newname is coming up null for you.  Just trusting HTTP_POST_FILES for the name is asking for trouble (uploading php files, cgi, etc)…

I think $newname is coming null due to invalid mime types.  Gotta look, and will get back about it.

• beegee

beegee - 2009-12-08

I added the new files to upload files and I see the link on my test case file.  When I click the link  it does bring upo the page.  I search for a file and click the subnit but all I get is "Not a valid entry point".  I am guessing it is not getting the case_id and or owner_id.

Also now unlike before anytime the cursor is stationary the info for the "user statistics" pops up

• Corey Reichle

Corey Reichle - 2009-12-08

There are some other changes to other files(templates/report_form.inc.php) as well.  You would need more than the uploads.php file to enable it.  So, yes, it's dying because it's not getting the valid information (slight security).

To test, you can pass user_id and case_id over the URL, but the files will not display in the case screen.

• Corey Reichle

Corey Reichle - 2009-12-08

It also requires the "uploads" folder to be created as well.

• beegee

beegee - 2009-12-09

sorry my mistake. I had done that I redid 4 files in all and had added the upload folder.  Added upload.php, reportsdb.inc.php, report_form.inc.php and header.inc.php from the SVN. 

• Corey Reichle

Corey Reichle - 2009-12-09

Let me pop up a SVN copy of everything and test it out some more.

• beegee

beegee - 2009-12-09

that will be great I will do the changes again with the new files and let you know either way