Menu

PalOOCa Crashes OpenOffice 3.0.1 on Mac OS X.

Help
2009-02-24
2013-04-29
  • Nobody/Anonymous

When trying to access the Palo menu in Open Office 3.0.1 on an Intel Mac, running 10.5.6 and using java 1.6.0_07, Open Office crashes, with an unexpected error message.

Has anyone gotten it to work?

• Andreas Schneider

MacOS X is a bit problematic. I can't officially support it, since I don't have access to any Mac Hardware. However from what I know, the only (officially?) available Java Runtime for 32bit is version 5. I guess you are using some third party JRE? If that's the case: did you check if that Java version is selected in the OpenOffice.org options?

• victorc

victorc - 2009-03-25

Hi,

Any progress or news on that ?
      I have the same problem, trying the Palo addin with OpenOffice 3.0.1 and JRE 1.5 (as 1.6 seems only available for 64bits intel mac ... :( )
      So any other possibility than the official 1.6 JRE to run the Palo Addin ?

Thanks
      Victor

• Andreas Schneider

Currently it's out of my scope to provide any Mac support. I don't even have a Mac to do any testing or developing on it, so everything I could do would be pure "trial & error".
      Even if I would rewrite large parts of the UI to be compatible with Java 5, it would still not run on current Mac OS versions due to the way OpenOffice.org loads the Java VM and how Apple expects it to run.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,
      so did anybody figured out how to run PalOOCa on a Mac? Is the Java version the problem?
      Thanks.