PAIDA is pure Python scientific analysis package and implements AIDA (Abstract Interfaces for Data Analysis).
The main features are:
- Pure Python! (Python2.3 or later with Tkinter and zlib modules enabled)
- Creating/Plotting the histogram, ntuple, profile and cloud
- Fitting parameter optimization with constraints and its parabolic and asymmetric error evaluation
- XML based storing
AIDA project has other implementations like Java (JAIDA), C++ etc. (Open Scientist and Anaphe).
For more information about AIDA, please refer to
### New features ###
- Now works correctly on Windows platform.
- Simple texts box for info.addText() is supported.
- More faster on plotter.writeToFile() on MacOSX platform.
- Experimental support for time scaled axis.
- New faster fitting engine "simplePAIDA" which calculates only parabolic error. (not both parabolic and asymmetric errors.)
### Bug fixes ###
- Old legends were always replaced by new legend.
- Overlay plotting didn't work properly. (Histogram2D, Cloud2D, Profile2D, DataPointSet2D, Cloud3D and DataPointSet3D)
- Plotting histogram1D or cloud1D with histogram format option was incorrect when the minimum X axis value is larger than 0.0.
- "weightedRms" of each bin of histograms is omitted in the exported XML file.
- Plotting objects which has zero entries raised an exception.
- Improved support for GUI threading.
- Reading <!DOCTYPE> line in a XML file raised an exception if you have no internet connection.