Problem sending packets

Help
mmb
2008-09-05
2013-04-25
  • mmb

mmb - 2008-09-05

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to use packeth to send RTP packets from one machine to another one through a network. My problem is that I can send packets on the loopback interface of the source machine (everything works perfectly) but when I change the addresses and interface and try to send to the other machine: I have packets sent but I don't receive anything on the other machine (my network goes perfectly and when I use the command ping on the destination address it works).

Thank you for your help!

• Miha Jemec

Miha Jemec - 2008-09-15

Hi!

First you should check if the packets exit the the non-loopback interface or not. You can try this by directly connecting sending and receiving machine with a cable. If the answer is Yes, there are many reasons why you don't receive packets on the other side through a L3 network. The packet has to be constructed properly, meaning right destination MAC address of the first router, right end IP address etc... Here an error can easily occur.  If the answer is No, then the problem is on the sending machine, but since this kind of problem was very seldom, please try to answer the above question first.

regards, Miha

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks