PacketFence Zero Effort NAC (ZEN) consists of a fully installed and preconfigured version of PacketFence 1.8.7 inside a VMWare image. The ZEN edition of PacketFence allows you to rapidly get PacketFence running in your network environment.
=== What is PacketFence ? ===
PacketFence is an open-source network access control (NAC) system which provides an impressive list of supported features. Among them, there are :
* Registration using a captive portal
* Detection of abnormal network activities using Snort
* Proactive vulnerability scans using Nessus
* Isolation of problematic devices
* Remediation through a captive portal
* 802.1X for wired and wireless networks
* Wireless integration for all provided features
* DHCP fingerprinting and more!
=== Changes Since Previous Release ===
PacketFence ZEN 1.8.7 includes:
* Improvements of PacketFence 1.8.7 (including a security fix)
* Updated the base operating system with all available security updates
For the complete list of changes in PacketFence 1.8.7 see http://www.packetfence.org/en/news/2010/article/packetfence-187-released.html.
=== Getting PacketFence ===
PacketFence is free software and is distributed under the GNU GPL. As such, you are free to download and try it by either getting the new release from :
or by getting the sources from the official monotone server using the instructions at http://www.packetfence.org/development/source_code_repository.html
Documentation about the installation and configuration of PacketFence is available from :
=== How Can I Help ? ===
PacketFence is a collaborative effort in order to create the best Free and Open Source NAC solution. There are multiple ways you can contribute to the project :
* Documentation reviews, enhancements and translations
* Feature requests or by sharing your ideas
* Participate in the discussion on mailing lists (http://www.packetfence.org/support/community.html)
* Patches for bugs or enhancements
* Provide new translations of remediation pages
=== Getting Support ===
For any questions, do not hesitate to contact us by writing to email@example.com
You can also fill our online form (http://www.inverse.ca/about/contact.html) and a representative from Inverse will contact you.
Inverse offers professional services to organizations willing to secure their wired and wireless networks with the PacketFence solution.
Log in to post a comment.