The Inverse Team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of PacketFence 1.8.2. This is a maintenance release of PacketFence which focuses on stability and includes many bug fixes and several small enhancements.
PacketFence is an open-source network access control (NAC) system which provides an impressive list of supported features. Among them, there are : Registration, Detection of abnormal network activities, Proactive vulnerability scans, Isolation of problematic devices, Remediation through a captive portal, 802.1X, Wireless integration and DHCP fingerprinting
Changes since previous release:
* enhanced integration of expire_mode and VLAN isolation (thanks to Maikel van der Roest)
* added many tests using Test::More (in the t subdirectory)
* correct process ID is now written into pid file by pfmon and pfredirect
* adjusted dependency checks in installer and the RPM spec file
* fixed SNMPv3 createUser command
* better handling of non-english installations
* removed unused icons and HTML files from web admin GUI
* renamed passive mode into arp mode in configurator templates
... and many more. See the CHANGES file in the PacketFence distribution for the complete list of changes.
Log in to post a comment.