ps_files_cleanup_dir

Developers
croaker___
2010-07-16
2013-05-15
  • croaker___

croaker___ - 2010-07-16

Every so often I get this error in my 3.4.4 installation
    "Notice: session_start() : ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php5) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/p4a/p4a/objects/p4a.php on line 282"
    Looking at the PHP bug report at http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=20720&edit=1 it seems to be a problem with various debian based distributions.
    The fix to avoid such errors is to modify line 282:
    -session_start();
    +@session_start();

I notice the same issue will occur in the next release due to issue being present in line 268 of revision 2271 in SVN

FYI…

• Fabrizio Balliano

actually I don't know if it's safe to remove that error check… that dir has to be writetable to make p4a work :-\

• croaker___

croaker___ - 2010-07-16

Balliano

I'm happy to bow to your superior knowledge of P4A but on my server, the directory is not writeable by the web server's (Apache) user account and P4A works just dandy - except for that error which pops up occasionally.

What's likely to break in P4A if the directory is not writeable?

• Fabrizio Balliano

this is strange… what if you try to upload a file?

• Fabrizio Balliano

anyway the system should save the session file in that dir

• croaker___

croaker___ - 2010-07-16

File uploads work fine (just double-checked - yes. no problem, no errors, file arrives in target directory).

/var/lib/php5 contains 1 file named "sess_44de49dc15b50acb2a9052fe8879d825" - last modified date is stamped a few minutes ago (I guess when I uploaded my file)

• croaker___

croaker___ - 2010-07-16

directory /var/lib/php5 is read/write for root and no-access for anything else. Session file inside is read/write by www-data (apache's account), no-access for anything else.

The system is Ubuntu Lucid, upgraded from Karmic in April.

• Fabrizio Balliano

developer should be aware that session_start throws errors, hiding it doesn't seem to me a good idea

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks