java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: exists

  • Wilfred van der Deijl

    Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I'm trying to run the following build.xml:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?>
    <project default="first">

      <taskdef classpath="vendor/lib/orangevolt-ant/orangevolt-ant-tasks.jar"

      <target name="first">
        <echo>First target</echo>
        <win32.registry root="HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
                        key="Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs"> 
          <get property="first.url" entry="url1"/>
        <antcall target="second"/>
      <target name="second">
        <echo>Second target</echo>
        <win32.registry root="HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
                        key="Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs"> 
          <get property="second.url" entry="url2"/>

    This results in the following output:
    Buildfile: b.xml

         [echo] First target

         [echo] Second target

    C:\svnwork\svn\b.xml:14: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: exists

    Total time: 0 seconds

    Apparantly it goes wrong if you use antcall and in the second "session" user the win32.registry task again.

    Am I doing something wrong to get this error, or is this a bug in Orangevolt Ant?

    • Arne Plöse

      Arne Plöse - 2006-01-04


      if you use version 1.3.1+
      you need the roxes*.jar as well, this is not documented yet.
      If you use version 1.3 please try the new ones.

      If not then this is a bug.

      ... I'm waiting for a book about JNI to understand the Java/C++ part in more detail.

      Please let me know what happend!


    • Wilfred van der Deijl

      I gave it a try with v1.3.2-alpha

      First I noticed it no longer supports JDK 1.4.2, so I had to grab v1.5.

      But the problem is fixed!

      Are there a lot of (dangerous) changes from the stable 1.3 release to the v1.3.2 alpha? In other words, do I run a lot of risk if I just upgrade to the alpha version while waiting for a final v1.3.2?

      Thanks for the help and the very usefull Ant task(s).

      • Arne Plöse

        Arne Plöse - 2006-01-08

        I enhanced (or debugged) the native classes to properly support non ASCII chars. You can help us in testing the code from cvs.


    • Arne Plöse

      Arne Plöse - 2006-01-04


      If you need JDK 1.4.2 you can compile it for yourself (set source not to 1.5 in build.xml).
      Just grap the cvs-sources and compile.

      The sources are the original (mosty, with one Exception in roxes *.cpp, I actually don't know which, but there was a bug related to a  second call to the native JNI class and a null-pointer problem. I am not familliar with JNI so I made a quick workaround that fixed that particular problem ...).
      After Lars (the original author) gave me his Ok, I cut orangevolt 1.3 in three pieces:


      The buil.xml files (and the build setup) are new.
      The project layout was changed, the native parts were newly build with mingw.
      The documentation was taken from the old orangevolt. The encoding of the *.xml and *.xsl files was changed to UTF-8.

      So if no bad bugs come up, and after updating the documentation (adding http-task, ...) this will become the next release.

      I personally think that I just wait for another month for updating the documentation and then declare a new release. If I get the book about JNI I may refactor the native code - but only if I know exactly what I am doing. 



Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

No, thanks