I've runned ovaldi successfully, but i found some strange behaviors.
On the system-characteristcs.xml file, i've found 151 ocurrences of this message:
<object flag="error" id="oval:org.mitre.oval:obj:1070" version="3">
<oval-sc:message>ObjectComponent::ComputeValue() - Unable to compute variable value. No items found for the specified object_component id: oval:org.mitre.oval:obj:5169</oval-sc:message>
The definitions file contains this oval:org.mitre.oval:obj:5169.
<registry_object id="oval:org.mitre.oval:obj:5169" version="2" xmlns="http://oval.mitre.org/XMLSchema/oval-definitions-5#windows">
Please, let me know what is happening or if it's the normal way that ovaldi runs.
Ovaldi Version: 126.96.36.199
Oval Definitions File: Windows 7 / Windows / Accepted
OS: Windows 7 64bit
What is happening here is that obj:1070 is referencing value(s) in the items collected by obj:5169 using a local_variable that contains an object_component. However, it looks like no items are being collected for obj:5169 and the object_component documentation states (see oval-def:ObjectComponentType for more information):
"…The referenced OVAL Object specifies a set of OVAL Items to collect. Note that an OVAL Object might identify 0, 1, or many OVAL Items on a system. If no items are found on the system then an error should be reported when determining the value of an ObjectComponentType…"
This is actually a fairly common error condition and I would suspect it is being caused because you do not have 32-bit Outlook installed on your system.
Hope this helps.
Thank you Danny. I'll validate other objects and see it.
If I find something new, i will post here.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.