running on computer without .net framework

Help
evilace
2013-04-03
2013-06-12
  • evilace

evilace - 2013-04-03

I have successful built the project and run it on my own computer, but when I ran it on other computer, it ask me to install .Net framework, is it possible to build a executable which could run without installing .Net Framework?

• evilace

evilace - 2013-04-18

Thank you, djhaynes. I successful run ovaldi 5.10 on Win2k8 without .NetFramework. But Here comes a new problem, when I run a  oval def,  ovaldi reply  "Message: Unknown element 'family_test" ,  Below is the xml def:

<family_test id="oval:org.mitre.oval:tst:99" version="1" comment="the installed operating system is part of the Microsoft Windows family" check_existence="at_least_one_exists" check="only one" xmlns="http://oval.mitre.org/XMLSchema/oval-definitions-5#independent">
          <object object_ref="oval:org.mitre.oval:obj:99"/>
          <state state_ref="oval:org.mitre.oval:ste:99"/>
        </family_test>

I can successful run  a win7 oval  definition with the element "family_test", is there something wrong ?

• David Rothenberg

Hi evilace,
    That warning message is consistent with the Interpreter not being able to locate the schema file for the associated message. In this case, could you verify that you have a copy of the independent-definitions-schema.xsd file in your xml directory? If you are not specifying one with the "-a" flag then it should be in a subdirectory near the OVALDI executable.

One other option would be if somehow the schema file exists but the schema location was not specified in the "xsi:schemaLocation" attribute of the root oval_definitions element. Could you make sure that attribute exists and contains  "http://oval.mitre.org/XMLSchema/oval-definitions-5#independent independent-definitions-schema.xsd " among the locations to the other referenced files?

Thanks,
    David Rothenberg

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks