CVS intrergration in OPT?

2004-05-18
2004-05-18
  • Anders Carlberg

Anders Carlberg - 2004-05-18

Hi,
    Is there any plans to intergrate CVS (or like) in OPT?
    Instead off the "Documents tab" where the users copies the files into a dir somewhere.

I would like to see a CVS repository browser, and some way to add files/documents to cvs.

Any plans?

/Anders

• Anders Carlberg

I just found a dir called cvsviewer..
      and when i access index.php i got this:

OPT does not have any CVS repositories listed for this project. If you are the project manager and would like to use this feature, click the 'Add Repositories' link in the left menu.

But i dont know where that "Add Repository" link is.. anyone?

/Anders

• Anonymous - 2004-05-18

I actually added a full CVS repository browser to OPT Max this past winter.   Please visit the demo site at http://www.guydavis.ca/opt/, select the "WebJump" project and click the 'CVS' menu item from the top left. 

Currently, each project can have multiple repositories.  Also, the project can limit access to just certain limbs of a large source tree if needed.  The browser remembers where you last where in the tree when returning and offers a full screen mode for viewing large diffs.

As well, I have a CVS commit hook that will allow anyone to add text like "OPT task #45" to their commit log entry and have the information attach to the OPT task.  When viewing the task, you'll see the commiter, the log, and the files changed.  Versions are linked directly to the diff.

To use this feature, make sure that the 'software_project' setting value is 1 not 0 for your project.  "Project Details | Project Settings" menu items.  Then you should see a 'CVS' menu item along the top.  Click it. 

This is documented in the help system 'CVS' topic.  Let me know if you have any problems with it.

Guy

• Anders Carlberg

Aahhh..  'software_project' fixed it.

Thanks..

/Anders

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks