Dutch translation

2014-03-01
2014-03-03
  • Gerrit Veldman

Gerrit Veldman - 2014-03-01

I am translating GO into Dutch. However, the file at http://sourceforge.net/projects/ourorgan/files/Testing/GrandOrgue.pot/download seems to be outdated. When using the translated mo file, many entries are still in English, because the are absent in this pot file. Where do I find a pot file that is uptodate?

And where do I put the translated help mo file? Putting it in /bin/nl with the other mo file does not seem to work.

• Martin Koegler

Martin Koegler - 2014-03-01

If you post your already done translations (.po file) for inclusion into GO, I can merge it with all missing entries and you can translate the rest.

The translated help is generated during build. If you post your help translation (.po) for inclusion into GO, the next build will include a dutch help.

PS: You can post the translations to our mailing list, this forum, use our bug tracker, ... .

Last edit: Martin Koegler 2014-03-01
  • Martin Koegler

I corrected a few whitespace errors (eg. blanks at the end missing). This is really important, as such strings are usually appended with something.
    It will be part of future GO versions: https://sourceforge.net/p/ourorgan/svn/1617

The translation of SMPL->CUE looks strange:
    msgid "<Invalid SMPL chunk in"
    msgstr "<Ongeldig CUE-brok in"

The double "in" raised some warning:
    msgid "Please enter new volume in dB:"
    msgstr "Vul alsjeblief een nieuw volume in in dB:"

I attach the new po file. Please especially look for all entries prefixed with fuzzy - these are usually incorrect. Remove the fuzzy tag after translation.

• Gerrit Veldman

Gerrit Veldman - 2014-03-01

Thanks!

I cannot find the translation of SMPL->CUE you mention. The double "in" is correct.

I have almost finished the file, but I have no idea what is meant by these two lines:

"Cache file had bad magic bypassing cache."
    "Cache file had diffent hash bypassing cache."

So, I have no idea how to translate them. Can you please explain these statements?

• Martin Koegler

Look at line 492 at my attached nl.po (open it in a text editor).

The cache need to match the GO version and settings.
    For identifying a cache file, it contains a identification value (= "maigc" value). The first message is issued, if this is not the case and the cache is not used.

To be sure, that the cache matches, GO calculates a unique identification values (the "hash") using various data. If it does not match the value in the cache file, GO prints the second message and the cache is not used.

• Gerrit Veldman

Gerrit Veldman - 2014-03-03

Thanks again. With this the new file. The help file will take a while.

• Martin Koegler

Martin Koegler - 2014-03-03

Commited as r1623.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks