Update of /cvsroot/osxutils/osxutils/doc
In directory sc8-pr-cvs1.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv4083
Changes due to move from .pbxproj to .xcode. Some rewording and clarification.
RCS file: /cvsroot/osxutils/osxutils/doc/CHANGES.txt,v
retrieving revision 1.11
retrieving revision 1.12
diff -u -2 -b -p -d -r1.11 -r1.12
--- CHANGES.txt 5 Jan 2005 19:26:00 -0000 1.11
+++ CHANGES.txt 12 Jan 2005 19:10:27 -0000 1.12
@@ -2,5 +2,5 @@ CHANGES osxutils
-CVS-2005-01-04 (pre 1.6.x)
+CVS-2005-01-12 (pre 1.7?)
* New utility hfsdata.
@@ -8,14 +8,23 @@ CVS-2005-01-04 (pre 1.6.x)
* Fixed invalid dates in man files.
-* Added uninstaller to preupgrade script of pkg, to ensure old man
- files really are removed when upgrading from a previous pkg install.
+* Added uninstaller to preupgrade script of pkg distribution, to ensure
+ old man files really are removed when upgrading from a previous pkg
+ install without user (possibly) having to run uninstall.command
+* Binaries are compiled slightly differently and take advantage of
+ Xcode 1.5's dead code stripping feature, so some files will be a
+ little smaller.
* Internal Changes:
- - Build using -Os instead of -O3 for smaller binaries.
- - Makefile: Strip symbols from binaries after building.
- - New Makefile for inserting PREFIX into README.txt.
- - Various Makefile tweaks to facilitate upcoming new Xcode-native
- project to replace the one upgraded from ProjectBuilder.
- uninstall.command: look for osxutils.pkg not osxutils-1.6.pkg
+ - Build using -Os instead of -O3, strip symbols, and dead strip
+ binaries to make them smaller (also slightly less memory required).
+ - New doc Makefile for inserting PREFIX into README.txt.
+ - Primary Makefile rewritten from scratch for new Xcode-native
+ project to replace the old one upgraded from ProjectBuilder.
+ - Can build everything or just one target from command-line.
+ - Can build binary distribution and/or a pkg distribution from
+ either command-line or within Xcode.
- osxutils-1.6.info file no longer required, now using the
(fantastic) freeware Iceberg program to generate pkg files instead
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.