Multi select code in a codlookupColumn???

Help
kindersam
2009-04-03
2012-12-13
  • kindersam

kindersam - 2009-04-03

Is there a way to enable users to select various codes in a codLookupColumn??? I mean if the users select more than one code in the codbox, all the descriptions of items selected are showed in a descriptionTextColumn separated by a symbole such as "-,//,..."

• mcarniel

mcarniel - 2009-04-04

According to me, it is not so simple to enable multiple selection in lookup: consequences would create inconsistencies with the behavior of Form or other components: a lookup has to manage one code and on changing that code, many other components could change their values as consequence. What about this behavior if more codes could be setted with the same lookup?

What I could do is:
      1) provide a boolean property in LookupController, in order to select more rows in lookup grid without automatically close lookup grid frame; as consequence the user has to manually close the frame
      2) no codes are managed by lookup: lookup des nothing if that property is activated
      3) a listener can be provided and the programmer can use it to listen for multiple selction rows and use that info for custom logic.
      Are you interested on this behavior?

• mcarniel

mcarniel - 2009-04-10

I changed a bit "demo9" sample app, in order to show how to select multiple codes from looukp and use them to filter a grid.
      This change will be available with next release of OpenSwing.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks