The second beta release of OpenSoundWorld (OSW) version 1.1 is now available for download in the downloads/files section of this site. This new version contains some exciting new features and many important bug fixes:
1) The 'This' transform has been added to the OSW library, enabling easily expressed stateful recursion within Open Sound World.
2) The behavior of several transforms in the OSW library has been changed to allow for more general use.
3) Online help and documentation has been significantly improved. It is now possible to choose which browser you would prefer to use to view online documentation.
4) The new demos section contains examples of what OSW can do. Feel free to send us your own demos- they might end up in the distribution (with attribution, of course)!
5) Several important bugs have been fixed on all platforms. The Linux and
MacOS platforms in particular have seen some major improvements with this
6) New Debian package added to the downloads/files section for those using
OSW under Debian GNU/Linux.
OSW is a graphical programming environment for real-time music and audio applications. It is intended for composers, performers, and sound
designers. Please visit the the project site http://osw.sourceforge.net for more information.
I would like to thank the entire OSW team for their help in realizing this release.
Log in to post a comment.