From: Pat Eyler <pate@ey...> - 2002-11-29 18:59:20
here are the release notes from the release:
Notes: BE CAREFUL : THIS IS AN ALPHA VERSION OF KOHA. DON'T USE IT ON
PRODUCTION, ONLY FOR TESTING PURPOSES.
YOU'VE BEEN WARNED !
Look for a 1.2.x serie if you want a stable version !
* Many improvments in MARC management from 1.3.1.
* acquisition.simple now works : you can upload marc files in a breeding
farm. When you search for an ISBN/ISSN in the acquisition screen, if you
choose the "New biblio" option and the biblio is in the breeding farm,
it's automatically retrieved and can be modified.
* installer now install marc21 in english or unimarc in french datas.
* marc parameters complete documentation : see
installer.pl works fine for a fresh installation.
Upgrading should work fine too. be sure to launch updater and
updatedb2marc scripts. updatedb2marc migrates 30 biblios/seconds, so be
patient if you plan to migrate a big DB !
KNOWN BUGS :
* importing diacritics ( ...) is bad at the moment.
* z39.50 is badly broken.
DEMO SITE :
http://demo.koha-fr.org presents the 1.3.2 version, with unimarc in french
parameters. french translation will begin soon now, so this site will
progressively become a full french koha site.
Kaitiaki/manager migrant Linux sys admin
the Koha project ruby, shell, and perl geek