From: Eric Lease Morgan <emorgan@nd...> - 2003-07-24 13:38:44
MyLibrary-On-A-Disk, an easily installed Windows-based CD containing a
ready-to-run version of MyLibrary is available at the following URL:
MyLibrary is a database-driven website application for libraries with an
optional, user-driven, customizable front-end -- a portal.
The link above points to an CDROM image file containing all the necessary
MyLibrary code and support programs, as well as a 100-page manual/workshop
complete with hands-on exercises.
To use MyLibrary-On-A-Disk you:
1) Download the (very large, 200MB) file
2) Use your operating system to burn a CD with the file
3) Copy the folder named MyLibrary from the CD to the root
of your C drive
4) Run a batch file named "Start MyLibrary.bat"
5) Open your Web browser to http://127.0.0.1/
6) Experiment, learn, and use MyLibrary
No configuration necessary. None. Zero. Zip. Cool!
For more information, see:
Give it a whirl, and don't hesitate to tell me what happens.
Eric Lease Morgan
Head, Digital Access and Information Architecture Department
University Libraries of Notre Dame