Menu

Issue running forms

Help
Zach Adams
2010-04-01
2013-04-29
  • Zach Adams

Zach Adams - 2010-04-01

Just downloaded the program. I made a simple form, it validated fine, and I saved it. But when I try to run it I get an error message:
    Could not load file or assembly 'Bespoke.Common.Osc,Version=4.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=843a094264521388' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    -Zach

• moudi

moudi - 2010-04-05

Hi tff

The message says that it was not possible to load the Bespoke library. This is another open source component  which is used by OSControl.
    The most likely reason for this message is, that you're missing this assembly. Please check that the Bespoke.Common.dll and Bespoke.Common.OSC.dll files are in the same directory as the OSControl application.

Cheers
    /moudi

• Zach Adams

Zach Adams - 2010-04-05

Both of those files are there.

• moudi

moudi - 2010-04-09

Hi ttf
    I was able to repdoduce the issue. It seems that the Bespoke component is not running on 64bit systems. I tested it on Win2008 64bit and got the same message.
    I made a bug entry for this: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2984389&group_id=295990&atid=1249412 and hope i will be able to fix it for the next version.

thanks for reporting this issue
    /moudi

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-09-15

I am having this very problem with an x64 box; would love to see a fix…saw this at Bespoke's forum;

Hi Felix,

The simplest way to address this problem, is to target your application to the x86 platform. Your Windows 7 64-bit OS happily supports 32-bit applications — indeed, I developed the Bespoke OSC library on Windows 7 64-bit. If your application (the one using the OscControl) has a "Platform target" of x64, you'll receive a BadFormatException trying to load 32-bit libraries (e.g. the Bespoke OSC libraries).

To target x86, go to the "Build" tab of the properties page for your application and change the Platform target.

Alternately, you can make everything target x64, which is possible because the Bespoke OSC Library is open source (and I imagine the OSCControl project is as well). Simply open up one of the Bespoke OSC Library solutions and change Bespoke.Common and Bespoke.Common.Osc to target x64.

If this works for you, you might consider cross-posting this to the OSCControl forum you mentioned.

Paul

• Dentaku

Dentaku - 2011-09-24

I'm having the same problem in Win7 64bit.
    The fix seems simple enough so it's a shame it hasn't been fixed yet. I'd love to try out this software.

• Dentaku

Dentaku - 2011-09-26

OK. I ended up downloading the source and changing the target to x86 by hand using Visual C# Express. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vblanguage/thread/d4fa83dc-eed1-4ead-96a1-78bbd9ba6d3a
    It fixes the error but I just ended up with the other error people are getting when I try to TEST it "The requested address is not valid in this context" if I make something more simple than just a button. It happens if I use a knob or a fader.

I also sometimes get "only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted"

• moudi

moudi - 2011-10-13

Hi dentakuweb
    I'm sorry for the delayed answer. I'm at the moment in the middle of some examinations and diploma thesis work and have therefore not much time for this here.
    I hope i will be able to provide a new release before the end of this year. The release will be 64bit compatible and i will also have a look at the network message you mentioned.

regards
    /moudi

• Dentaku

Dentaku - 2011-10-14

Thank you moudi.
    It seems like delays in open source stuff are always due to more some important educational stuff :)
    I hope you figure it out.