This release has been in development since June of 2009 and had been planned for release earlier this year so as to try avoid the long gaps between releases. As with the previous three releases a comprehensive upgrade guide for those upgrading, can be found in the upgrades/upgrade-3-04 directory and for new users there is the full install script with instructions in the main README.txt file.
There are a number of new features and other improvements which hopefully prove to be useful and in summary they are:
- Added audio, video and file attachments modes to gallery display.
- Added functionality for editors to add one line annotations to stories and comments that are visible to editors only.
- Added ability to translate approximately 50% of the main admin pages using XML files. Later releases to complete.
- Added ban by hostname and browser with option to alternatively moderate.
- Added default option to control whether to hide by default or not embedded videos. Also added exclusion list.
- Added mechanism to examine entries in translation table.
- Added search word highlighting in newswire and article pages returned from searches.
- Added spam word filter module for use by publish with options for spam detection in stories and comments. All configurable.
- Added feature to retrieve cover images for YouTube videos and cache them.
- Added basic html cache for use by main pages including clear html cache option.
- Added basic dashboard of summary information to the admin page.
- Added facility to send emails when a new story is published to editors that select to receive them.
- Updated numeric captcha for languages, form validation and further publish validations.
- Updated publish form to allow story summary and body and comment title and body to be converted to lowercase with a capital letter at the start of each sentence, by editors.
- Updated view objects to display list of templates and create template directory if it is not present.
- Updated imported feeds status to allow pre-parsing stream fixup rules to be created so that faulty feeds can be read.
For the full list of changes, please see the releasenotes.txt file.
In addition, the Oscailt feature list file (oscailt_3x_features.html) in the documentation directory has been updated.
For any other information please see the README.txt file
Oscailt is freely available to use and download under the terms of the GPL.
To download the latest version go to the oscailt project page on sourceforge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/oscailt
Log in to post a comment.