At long last Oscailt 3.1 has now been released after a significant number of improvements and bugfixes have been made to Oscailt during 2007.
With this version, users using Oscailt 3.0 can and should follow the upgrade instructions rather than going for a full install.
Some of the new features in Oscailt 3.1 which are listed in the release notes are:
1) Improved database caching
2) Improved auditing of site activities.
3) A new simple Oscailt editor messaging and editor status monitor
4) Improvements to the event calendar
5) Improvements to Oscailt log files display
6) Updated statistics
7) New feature for editors to swap image display order
8) New feature to allow configurable delay to comment publishing
9) New feature to allow embedded video to stories and comments
10) Improved spam control for contact forms
11) New pre-publishing validation for posts with images.
The full list can be found in the release notes which are contained in the release. Hopefully user s will find these new features useful.
To apply this release, please read the README.txt file in the release and follow instructions from there.
Oscailt is freely available to use and download under the terms of the GPL.
To download the latest version go to the oscailt project page on sourceforge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/oscailt
Log in to post a comment.