Menu

File manager ? what is the aim ?(and how to)

Help
coucou78
2008-10-28
2013-04-25
  • coucou78

coucou78 - 2008-10-28

i can upload file to Ortro server, cool for sharing files via web browser with other admin or guest.

BUT ...

the thing we need is to upload ours admin scripts (for example those which are stored in ortro File manager) over serveral host.

... in the aim to  to have a fully centralized admin tools and deployement scripts (in sh , ph or perl)

1 - FTP upload : we cannot choose file from ortro File manager (ie. exploitation.sh) in order to deploy it, why ?
    2 - why we cannot use SCP (ssh file transfer) for uploading (deploying scripts)  to several host ?

if the scp module is not develop perhpas we can develop it here ?

i planned to write a full tutorial in french (and a draft in english) let me now if we can do that here ...

See u later.

• coucou78

coucou78 - 2008-10-28

mouarff ....

1 - stupid boy .... : for using "file manager" , You must create the job IN the good SYTEM .... ie. the system in which you have imported you're file .

file titi.txt  imported in system LAN_SERVERS  SO job ftp upload must be created in  system LAN_SERVERS, easy  ? yes ;-)

2 - yes , for secure upload the question is always there

• Luca Corbo

Luca Corbo - 2008-10-30

Hi,
      first off great ideas :-)
      below my answers to your questions ;-)

- SCP for file uploading.
      I see this point as an extension of ftp upload. In details it could be usesul to allows user to choice between ftp, sftp, scp ecc.. methods for uploing files on remote hosts.

- Scripts deploying
      I like this point :-). Also here I see this as a plugin built upon the plugin above with additional features (i.e. extract an archive after uploading it).

- May you develop it here?
      Yes, you are welcome :-). You may join the devel mailing list (ortro-devel at lists.sf.net) and ask for any further information you need.

- I planned to write a full tutorial in french (and a draft in english) let me now if we can do that here.
      Yes, also on this point you are welcome :-). You may write directly the tutorial (also a draft) on the Ortro wiki (i.e. http://www.ortro.net/fr/tutorial for french tutorial).

Please let me know if you need further info and...
      thanks to help us making Ortro better ;-)

Ciao,
      Luca