Menu

recurring signups

Help
wardj1906
2005-09-27
2013-05-01
  • wardj1906

wardj1906 - 2005-09-27

I have a user who has utilized the recurring signups feature of ORS.  I am running v 3.6.0.  When I try to edit one of the sign-ups, it tells me "This recurring signup can only be edited on the recurring signup page"

How do you get to the recurring signup page?  I checked under Program configuration and  recurring signups was not enabled so I am not sure how this person did this to begin with, but I enabled it hoping that the recurring signups page would then become accessible, but that did not work.
    Any assisitance you can provide would be greatly apreciated.

• wardj1906

wardj1906 - 2005-09-27

I was able to find the recurring signups page under the UTILITIES menu once it was enabled, however, the signup that states you must go to this page to edit it is not there.  Any idea how I can get to this signup to delete and/or edit it?

• Jeremy Shaver

Jeremy Shaver - 2005-09-27

This is strange. Does the signup show up with the user's name or is it just a dark, unnamed signup?

I suspect it is not really a recurring signup, but a normal signup with an entry in a calendar day but without a corresponding entry in the user's signup list. It may have been created by the user re-submitting the page on which they made the signup (or some other glitch). This is a known problem with V3.6 under VERY PARTICULAR circumstances (no workaround yet).

You can try to "reconcile the calendar" to solve this. Reconcilliation is a hidden feature because it is a very uncertain action. I encourage you to  make a current backup of the signups before trying this. All these steps happen on the utilities menu:

* First, I'll show you how to make a backup...
      1) Select "more..." from utilities

2) Select "Make Backup File" and select either one of the two options there (it doesn't matter which, they will both create a copy of the backup on the server, which is the one you'll use to recover if there is a problem)

3) Select "List Resource Signups" and then click the "List Signups" button. Copy the results to a text file - you're going to use this to verify the results of the reconciliation.

* Next, Here is how you access the hidden "reconcile" feature:
      4) Go back to the "More..." menu.

5) In the URL line of your browser, you'll have a page address which ends in: "&submit=more" Change this to read "&submit=reconcile" and hit enter. This will reconcile the calendar files with the user signup files. It may either delete the user's "special" signup or it may turn it into something editable. Either way, drop a note and let me know if it worked.

6) Finally, go back to List Resource Signups and compare the results to the list you had before. Make sure no one elses signups have been deleted. If things got really screwed up, use the More.../Restore from Backup feature to recover to the state before the reconcilliation.

-Jeremy

• wardj1906

wardj1906 - 2005-09-27

thank you, I will give it a try.