Menu

Signup won't delete

Help
Jeff
2005-01-08
2013-05-01
  • Jeff

Jeff - 2005-01-08

I had a user signup a resource and after he typed in the information, he realized his mistake; he set the reservation to last for 12 years.  He then tried to delete the signup, but it would not go away.  He would get the confirmation screen, but then the schedule would give a white screen and nothing would happen.  Upon refreshing the page, the signup was still there.  I tried to delete it from my account and from various computers without any luck.  It ended up having to restore the schedule from backup.  Any ideas what happened??

• Jeremy Shaver

Jeremy Shaver - 2005-01-09

wild guess - it was taking forever (and eventually returning a blank page) because it was busy deleteing the 12 years of signups. See, a signup which spans days is actually entered as a separate event into the daily calendar files.

You might want to consider checking your signup restrictions. Seems like that should have been caught by one of the configuration settings!

• Jeff

Jeff - 2005-01-09

I wondered if that wasn't the problem.  The thing about this was the user that did the signup also has administrative privlages because he is putting in the charter flights for the year.  I don't think this would have happened to a regular user, but just to be safe, I thought I would ask.

• Xoff

Xoff - 2005-09-21

I have a user that did this as well.  Is there a way of deleting this entry?

• Jerry I.

Jerry I. - 2005-10-05

We had the same problem. The reason it wasn't able to delete is it times out. Our programmer went in to the program files and increase the time restriction and we let the program work on it over night. The next day the entry had been deleted.

• fbennett

fbennett - 2005-10-10

I had a similar problem, but my entry was only for 4 days. I tried to delete it, both as myself and as the site admin, and it kept telling me it had to be edited in the recurring signups page (which I couldn't find). So I found the .csv files related to this signup (they're date coded) and deleted them. That seemed to get rid of the signup without any further problems. That was a couple of days ago and I don't see any side effects from that action.