Menu

Scheduling multiple resources at once

Help
2005-03-15
2013-05-01
  • Dan Kulinski

Dan Kulinski - 2005-03-15

We would like to use ORS to schedule node usage in a linux cluster.  Is there a way to enable it to allow one person to schedule more than one resource at a time?  IE, I need 12 nodes to complete a job, but I don't want to schedule each node individually, I want to click node1 then shift click node12 and have it put me in all those blocks?

Thanks,
      Dan Kulinski

• Jeremy Shaver

Jeremy Shaver - 2005-03-15

Easy - make all of the node resources be "double bookable" (set this in the Resource Management page). This overrides the tests which disallow double-booking. When signing up, you can select use control-click to select multiple double-bookable resources  from the resources list.

Although you could get ALMOST the same behavior by setting the [ allow_doublebook ] configuration option to True, I don't think you'll get the ability to select multiple resources unless you use the "double-bookable" setting.

• glen.page

glen.page - 2011-04-06

Setting it to allow double-booking worked fine for me. My teachers will be very happy to be able to sign out multiple laptops. They can "command-click" on the multiple resources they want and schedule them all at once.

Is there any chance that the "All" listed in the Resources list could be made to sign out all of the resources? Currently, clicking All and trying to sign out leads to a message saying "Please choose only one resource"

Thanks for a great project. I have been using it for a few years to schedule our mobile computer labs.