Menu

URL to login?

Help
2005-01-10
2013-05-01
  • Michael Bütow

Michael Bütow - 2005-01-10

Hello,

Just installed ORS and am very happy with it.

Is there a way to enable a user to construct a URL which will log him in automatically?

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I tried various means and could not get it to work. I enabled the remote_auth feature, and tried HTTP GET with ?username=me&password=mypassword .
    This got me logged in, but when I click on a signup I get a "session expired" message and am logged out.

I also tried putting me:mypassword@domain/scheduling/ , but also without success.

Any help is appreciated !

Michael

• Jeremy Shaver

Jeremy Shaver - 2005-01-10

I do this all the time without problem (exactly as you did with the HTTP GET) I think the problem is that you are using "remote_auth". This is only for use when the web server will do the authentication. Turn this off and what you're doing should work. If you need the web server to do the authentication, supplying the username and password to the web server should log you in automatically anyway.

• Michael Bütow

Michael Bütow - 2005-01-12

Thanks for the help.

It works even when remote_auth is True - what did it for us was increasing the uid_valid time so that the session is not expired so quickly.