Menu

Upgrading from v. 3.5

Help
bparsons
2005-03-02
2013-05-01
  • bparsons

bparsons - 2005-03-02

I wanted to ask if there are any dangers doing an upgrade from 3.5 to the new 3.6b.  If I backup my Data and Backup folders can I just put them back in after I upgrade the other file?

• Jeremy Shaver

Jeremy Shaver - 2005-03-02

Fair question... It should automatically upgrade your files (there aren't too many differences between the 3.5 database structure and the 3.6 database structure so that shouldn't be a problem).

You may want to review the configuration settings and make absolutely sure you "save settings" so that it adds the new configuration items. One thing in there which might confuse you: if you were using a custom image in the schedule login page, this is now set in the configuration settings (as opposed to in defaults.php).

You are correct, however, that if anything goes wrong, you can always recover by restoring your Data and Backup folders (you might want to grab your install folder too if you didn't save the original zip of 3.5).

-Jeremy

• bparsons

bparsons - 2005-03-07

Thanks.  I'll give it a shot.  When I go through the new install will it ask me to "save settings?"  I'm not sure what you meant by that.  I can print my old configuration page.  Or do you mean to save the "utillities.php" file?

Bill

• Jeremy Shaver

Jeremy Shaver - 2005-03-08

It will tell you that once you're done reviewing the configuration settings, you should click [any one of] the "Save Settings" button(s). This simply stores the configuration items and makes sure any new configuration options are saved as appropriate.

-Jeremy