Menu

Daylight Savings Time Problem

Help
Anonymous
2005-10-23
2013-05-01
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2005-10-23

Hi. We use ORS, and we are having a problem with this Sunday, October 30th. I believe this is the day Daylight Savings Time changes, and as a result there are TWO Oct 30ths listed in our ORS (go to the first one, hit next, it brings you to another OCT 30th)

Fortunately, if you sign up on the First OCT30th, it shows up on the second OCT30th. However, signups are displaying in the schedule as one our earlier than they really are. For example, a signup that was put in at 7-9 still shows 7-9 in the top Start & Time, End & Time portion of the screen, but actually shows up on the graphical schedule as 6-8.

How can we fix this?

Thanks!

Cody

• Mark

Mark - 2005-10-28

I saw almost the same thing. Not two Oct 30s, but the hour earlier entries. Not only for the 30th but for entries into next week.

But then, as I moved around to look at them and perhaps correct them, they started changing to the correct times. Except one which I edited and the edit "took".

I have no idea what I actually did so I can't give the steps.

• Jeremy Shaver

Jeremy Shaver - 2005-10-28

Why does daylight savings changes have to occurr on the weeks when I've got too much else to do?

The problem is because there is an extra hour hidden in the morning of Oct 30th.

If you select Week view and SATURDAY (oct 29), the sign ups on Sunday (oct 30) will APPEAR one hour early, but they will be stored correctly - clicking on the signup will show the correct time. If you select SUNDAY, the signups will appear off and the REST OF THE WEEK will also be offset. MONTH view seems to be OK.

I do not currently have a fix for this (but may shortly). I've been running a newer version of ORS in hopes of releasing that that has a few differences in this bug as compared to the released version.