Scheduler problems

Help
Anonymous
2004-01-07
2004-01-08
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-01-07

Hi,
    We have been using the online scheduling system for the last 5 months without any problems. But for the last couple of days we have been getting this message -Sorry scheduling is currently busy.Please check back shortly. I am not sure what is causing this.Please do let me know if theres anything we can do to rectify this. We are pretty much lost without our scheduling system !!
    Thanks in advance
    Deepa

• Christopher Gray

Hi ..

We had the same problem a while back.  I was able to trace the issue back to the size of the action log.    I reconfigured our scheduler to only keep 7 days worth of the actioin log, and the problem cleared up.  Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Chris

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-01-08

Hi Chris,
      Thanks for writing. But I cant seem to get in to the system at all. All I get is this busy message. Since I cant access the actual system online should I go into the folder we have online and change something or do should I just reinstall the whole program? That would mean losing a whole lot of data !! We receive a weekly back up file.Can we use it to help us with this problem.
      Thanks a lot for your help!!
      Kind regards,
      Deepa

• Christopher Gray

Hi Deepa ..

If you have direct access to the data folder, you can rename actionlog.csv and uselog.csv to something else.   That's what I did.

Plus you may want to reconfigure the scheduler to keep the log for a fewer number of days.  I think the variable you want to look for is $loglength.

Regards,

Chris