Menu

Recurring events

Help
Anonymous
2003-04-23
2003-04-23
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-04-23

Well here I go again.  What is the difficulty in setting up a event to reoccur?  Just looking at potential questions that might come up.

• Jeremy Shaver

Jeremy Shaver - 2003-04-23

Ed,

I had to think about this some. There is currently no feature which automates reoccurring signups. There is a yet-undocumented (or really supported) feature that allows time segments to be "blocked out" in advance, but these are not assigned to someone - they simply block out times that the resource is not available. That won't really help.

I can picture how to add a feature which would "repeat" a signup in some interval, this would partly be an extension of the "block out" feature I mentioned above and a modification to the signup producedure as it exists... The one complication is "linking" the reoccurring signups so that when one is deleted, the others could optionally be deleted also. Although as I think that through, it isn't that complicated either.

I'd like to add this feature and I might have some time shortly to try it. Would you be willing to help debug such a feature?
      -Jeremy

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-04-23

Yes I would.  Please let me know what I can do.

Thanks again
      Ed Muldowney